Eastern Canada Sales Representative
Position requires substantial knowledge of apparel / fashion industry and sales techniques to represent lines on a seasonal basis. Seeking a five plus years seasoneds road warrior experienced at spending three times a year on the road visiting retailers. Excellent customer service, entrepreneurial and self-motivation skills along with proven ability to overcome obstacles to ensure work gets done.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Prepare drawings, estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products and equipment.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare sales contracts and order forms.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
- Forward orders to manufacturers.
- Check stock levels and reorder merchandise as necessary.
- Plan, assemble, and stock product displays in retail stores, or make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising.
- Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure, such as shelf positioning and advertising.
- Train customers’ employees to operate and maintain new equipment.
- Buy products from manufacturers or brokerage firms and distribute them to wholesale and retail clients.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Competitiveness – Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Resilient – Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ambition – The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Presentation Skills – Ability to effectively present information publicly.
Apply for this job