Great things are happening at koi! We are located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA with great culture, an awesomely talented team, and a super cool office with a fun and creative atmosphere. We are moving in a new direction and seeking an experienced Independent Sales Representative located in the Great Plains region to generate and manage sales in OK, MO, KS, NE, ND, SD, AR. Candidate can be based anywhere within the sales territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales goals & budget on a seasonal basis.
- Open targeted new accounts in respected territories, as well as maintain and grow existing accounts.
- Work with the Sales Manager to keep them up to date on their overall business.
- Evaluate and suggest accounts for growth and market strength.
- Visit accounts regularly to show seasonal collections and capture at once re-order business.
- Conduct in-season follow up calls with key accounts to lock in seasonal orders and capture at once re-order business.
- Educate and inform accounts on the brand, news, events, specials, etc.
- Assist in retail marketing with key events within the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows in assigned territory.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed specified sales quotas and revenue targets, prospecting and developing new and existing accounts, and growing strategic relationships.
- Must have substantial knowledge of apparel and the fashion industry.
- Experienced with time, territory and call cycle management.
- Excellent organizational and reporting abilities, with weekly reports to management.
- High energy, stamina and resourcefulness with the ability to be on the road 5 days or more per week.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to carry and lift multiple sample bags weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete sales forms, documents, and reports in a timely manner.
- Attend sales meetings as necessary.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective way with accounts and management.
- Strong presentation and sales skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to overcome obstacles and come from a point of solution.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years sales experience, preferably in apparel/fashion industry, with demonstrated experience growing territories
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in an autonomous environment with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to prioritize daily, weekly and monthly workload – Working knowledge of the industries we serve is required.
Job Type: Open to Independent Sales (Commission only) or Part-time employee status